Surrey Care Trust’s Stanwell SureStart Children’s Centre garden project has been shortlisted for a public vote in Tesco’s BagsofHelp initiative. Now the Trust is encouraging shoppers to vote for our project in Ashford Tesco and Ashford Tesco Express to win the top prize, in store during July and August.
Tesco teamed up with Groundwork to launch its Bags of Help community funding scheme, which sees grants of £4,000, £2,000 and £1,000 – all raised from the 5p bag levy – being awarded to local community projects.
A Bags of Help grant will help us to improve the Children’s Centre garden with
– replacement fencing to ensure the children remain safe
– a new garden surface for all weather play
– a new climbing frame to encourage physical development
– a new sand pit for tactical play
– a woodland area for children to explore.
– an improved mud kitchen with new features for messy play
Stanwell Children’s Centre Manager, Janette Breese said: “Stanwell is classed as an area of deprivation where many families do not have access to an outdoor space, so our garden is a popular area for the children to explore, learn and develop through play. A grant from Tesco’s Bags of Help scheme will help us to develop the garden to create a range of exciting opportunities for children to jump, run, climb, play with mud and sand and enjoy being outside.”