Aspire Sussex Adult Education and partners have been successful in bids to the Big Lottery Building Better Opportunities programme and have received funding totalling just over £1 million. They will be leading two new projects called Working Together for Work and Local Learning Perspectives across the Coast to Capital LEP area (East and West Sussex, Surrey, Brighton and Hove).
The two projects involve working with a range of partners who will bring expertise to provide targeted family-focused provision through family learning and community inclusion, supporting hard to reach groups and individuals to return to work.
Both projects have the potential to significantly improve the lives of individuals, families and local communities. Our teams and partners have been working on the development stage of these projects since we received initial funding in November 2015 and we are looking forward to offering new courses and opportunities to volunteer.
Building Better Opportunities is funded through joint investment from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
Surrey Care Trust is pleased to be a partner in the Working together for Work and Local Learning Perspectives projects
For further information on our organisations involvement in these projects please email Catherine Leamon.
The Big Lottery Fund
• The Big Lottery Fund supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities across the UK. We are responsible for giving out 40% of the money raised by the National Lottery and invest over £650 million a year in projects big and small in health, education, environment and charitable purposes
• Since June 2004 we have awarded over £8 billion to projects that change the lives of millions of people. Every year we fund 13,000 small local projects tackling big social problems like poor mental health and homelessness
• Since the National Lottery began in 1994, £34 billion has been raised and more than 450,000 grants awarded
• Building Better Opportunities is jointly funded with the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, European Social Fund funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, skills development, job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
• To be kept informed on the latest Building Better Opportunities news register your interest on our website, www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/esf